domingo, 8 de enero de 2012

WHY A BLOG?

Hey now, why a blog for tru.... I don't think I was familiar with the term "blog" a year or so ago. But someone very special in my life had for a few years previous been writing essays and observations and posting them on this site. Yesterday she hipped me to her new blog  theleaderintheback.blogspot.com. Highly recommended reading. Yes, Miss Trish Flanagan inspired me to try this out.
  I am writing this slightly rainy morning from my beach side apartamento here in Sandy Bay, Roatan Island, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America where I have resided almost 39 years. I spent my first 22 years almost exclusively in the Chicago metroplex. However the late 60's oft referred to "fickle finger of fate" pointed me to  what was in early 1973 an extremely idylic tropical island  just a prop jet and a few puddle jumper flights away from Miami.
   As I take the baby steps of getting these first few words down I am envisioning what this blog may be all about. As well I am thinking that it may help trigger the creative juices to flow for me again in regards to writing especially as it relates to music.
    I found myself singing and performing music solo accompanying myself with guitar and harmonica back in '81. I commenced to begin writing songs, basking in the inspiration I felt so much back in those years and really on up to the present. Still and always performing with my band throughout the island, the writing part of music has waned for me in these latter days. I believe those feelings to create new tunes may be rekindled by sharing a little of  my life here on Roatan and the people whom on a daily basis enrich my life island side and abroad.
   Let's see what the new year brings, and what comments, creations and adventures may be rendered from these fingertips in the coming months..... Feliz Ano Nuevo  Jan. 8, 2012

1 comentario: